Wednesday, October 17, 2012

From A Teacher's Diary #Part 1


When I first knew that I would be posted to Sabah, I really had a very bad impression. Being in a wonderful place for 24th years, I never thought that my life would totally change within a few days. You might said that it's just a name of a big state, but actually it's more than that. It's the place where I knew that I have to survive and stand on my own feet because I have nobody there. Neither relatives nor friends. Only me, alone.

Family, friends, people. They kept asking me how's my life going? Is it okay? Am I okay? I couldn't say how I felt, I couldn't express myself well. To be honest, I'm speechless. Starting from my first flight from KB-KL-KK, I didn't cry. Not a little bit, not even at all. Maybe that's because I'm a big girl now. Big girl don't cry, right? Or maybe I lost my sense of feeling. I doubt that.


Then after reaching Kota Kinabalu, my father's friend came and took me (with my other two friends). I just knew that my father had a friend in Kota Kinabalu. Lucky us. He sent me to Kota Belud and I stayed with these two girls a.k.a sisters for that night. They were also from Kelantan but they had been in this place for quite a long time. So they knew this area better than me, of course. The next day I went to PPD with one of my new housemate. I met a new friend which was also a new English teacher from Selayang, Hafiz. So that means there were only two of us that were being posted to Kota Belud. Sadly to say, Hafiz got a school quite far from town (and from me as well). It's around 30 km from a small town of Kota Belud. I got a school not too far from the town but it was in a rural area. Most of the house there were made from wood and the toilets were outside of the house. The people there consisted of Dusun, Bajau and Pagan. Many of them were purely Christians and you could see lots of church here if compare to the mosque.

After some briefing, the headmistress came to take me to school. I was quite surprised when I was there because it was totally different from what I thought before. I didn't know that this kind of school still exist nowadays. Forgive me for saying that (-_-) The headmistress told me that I supposed to teach Year 3 and Year 1. But their classes had been destroyed by the natural disaster (strong wind). So they had to share the other cabin with other pupils from different year. Some of them were being placed in a teacher's room. Hence, the teachers had to share the room with the officers as well. Oh didn't I tell you that it's a cabin, not a block, okay. Usually the school in 'Semenanjung'  has block A, block B and etc. But here we only have few cabins. At least I'll be teaching in a class, not the coop.

The destroyed cabin. Only few woods left

Umm.. Well I met some teachers. They greeted me well as they were really friendly and smily. They made me felt nice. First question that they asked;

"Kamu ini cantik sangat bah.. Kamu sudah ada ya?"
At first I was qute blur and I didn't get them. Then I realized that they were asking my status and I said;

"Oh.. Iya.. Sudah.."

Ok. I lied. But who cares. It's for my own protection, my self defense. I mean I don't want them to know that I'm single because that's not a good thing to hear if you are alone in a strange place. It's better if they knew that I'm in a relationship so that no one will try to be a match maker or something like that. (Am I thinking too far?) Yeah please ignore this unimportant statement. *slap myself*

found this in the library. Teacher still need to learn -_-

Second day. We had a meeting and the headmistress asked me to be the head of English panel (Ketua Panitia English). It's an instruction, so I have no chance to ignore. Thus, nothing that I could do except took the offer and followed whatever she said. I was also need to be a class  teacher for Year 3 Prihatin, the most problematic class in that school as they were so naughty! Quite a big responsibility to be handled. *sigh*

Moreover, there were so many many wild dogs around my school as well as my house. Guess what? Some pupils hugged those dogs and fed them. Well since they were not Muslims so it shouldn't be a problem with them. But stay over mr doggie or I'll shoot you out! Tell me how am I going to find 7 types of air mutlak in this terrible place? Beware please.

Now I'm lying on the floor while thinking of the few years back. I remembered once my lecturer asked where did I want to be posted and I said anywhere as long as the place has an internet connection. So here it goes. I'm in a pathetic place but I'm still able to online. Pffftt~

Okay I think that's all for tonight. There's many things that I want to share but I need to sleep because I have to wake up early. Here we start our school at 7 a.m. and Subuh prayer is around 4.45 a.m. So early bah!

Till then, good night.

p/s: Currently listening to Cromok - I don't belong here.
Sobss.. sobss.. T.T


To be continued....



Like tanda Sayang

22 comments:

  1. baru posting ya dik... dont worry people in sabah semua pun baik2.. which part of kota belud adik posting? i have a few good friends kat kota belud tu.. and ada yg cikgu English gak tu.. maybe u can also be their friend too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup... Br posting..
      Oh akak rmai kwn kt sini ek?
      Introduce me some!
      I will love to.. Can't wait to see and hear from them! :)

      Delete
  2. izma, so now awk sewa rumah mcmana?sorang je ke..makanan ok tak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak.. 3 org including me.. Ok kot.. Huhu..

      Mknn? 1st day x mkn pape. X bleh trima kot.. 2nd day masak mkn kt umah.. Huhu

      Delete
  3. Sabah sarawak memang macam ni, kita kena adapt dengan situasi kat situ. Lagi pun kat sana berbilang bangsa. Ada macam-macam kaum, jadi isu anjing liar tu emmang takde sapa nak amek peduli. Jadi kena sesuaikan diri je lah. Anyway sabah or sarawak is the best place if you want to gain something new in your life. Hoyeah !

    gud luck sis. Saya kat sini dah nak masuk tiga tahun. Ada saya jumpak cikgu kat sini mengajar kat sekolah yang nak masuk sana kena naik bot + kereta pacuan empat roda dan takdak line tepon langsung. Memang tputus dengan dunia luar.. Kira oklah dapat tempat macam ni. Sabor ye kak :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep.. It's the best place to learn to be independent.

      I'm in the process of inhealing myself. Don't worry dik. I'll try to adapt and I'll get better from time to time :)

      Delete
  4. pheww. dengar pon dah mencabar. :p
    semoga cepat sesuaikan diri kat tempat baru.
    dan semoga dipermudahkan segalanya di sana.
    all the best teacher! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!

      you are invited to come here for holidays!

      ;)

      Delete
  5. hi. just read this. aha. i just think that the way you lied about your relationship status is genius. :D
    Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha... thanks yaw! U can try the tactic as well ;)

      Delete
    2. no need kot. i need those match makers. i'm ugly. hahaha. Well i'll be working in Sabah starting this november. :)

      Delete
    3. working here? as what? Oh welcome to Sabah then :)

      Delete
  6. Selamat berjasa di sana, cikgu! Banyak pengalaman yang awak dapat nanti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fel..
      Ehs kamu di mana? KK ya? Jom ketemu ^_^

      Delete
  7. jadi awak ni single la ye. bolehlah nak ngorat.hahahaha :P

    p/s : joking je tau..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silakan. Kalau kamu sudah bersiap sedia untuk tinggal di sini juga.

      ;)

      Delete
  8. reading this entry me feel that i am the character of this story..huhu
    i went through a similar situation..i guess urs is even worse.
    finding a lodging place is not easy as it sounds.
    saya mujur ada orang sudi jadikan anak angkat..huhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are some other friends who are even worst than us..
      so we should be grateful because at least we still can blog walking!
      haha XD

      good luck nick! keep in touch ya :)

      Delete
  9. wah. sama tarikh plak dengan kawan gue. dari kelantan gak. ntah ntah korang ni kawan?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inilah peluang utk melancong kat Sabah. Sabah byk tempat yg menarik. Kalau balik cuti boleh travel dari sabah--> Brunei --> Miri --> Bintulu --> Sibu --> Sarikei --> Sri Aman --> Kuching --> Semanjung. Boleh jalan satu Borneo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks! (^_^) I have a clue now.. macam ni bila posting yer..

    ReplyDelete