Wednesday, April 20, 2011

#Day 2 - Your Favorite Movie

Your favorite movie?? Why not your favorite movies?? That's not fair. I love movies, not only a single movie.Grrrrrr
 
Hell yeah like they care. Back to the point. In this second challenge I will talk about my favorite movie. Factually, I like the action or thriller movie. I'm not really into romance or fantasy movie. I'm the person who always think and try to find the answer, so those type of movies (action/thriller/adventure) suit me well. When I watch any movie, I'll give my full attention and I really feel it (even sometimes I slept like a log).



The movie that I like the most is Armageddon. It was a 1998 film, directed by Michael Bay and it was about a group who was sent to destroy an asteroid which would hit the Earth in a short time. The cast in this movies were Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck, Liv Tyler, Bob Thornton, Will Patton, Steve Buscemi, William Fichtner, Owen Wilson, Michael Clarke Duncan, Peter Stormare, William Fichtner, Keith David, Jason Issacs, Jessica Steen and Ken Hudson Campbell.


Fyi, I'm a die-hard-fan of Bruce Willis. I have most of his movies such as Die Hard (1-4), Red, Ocean Twelves, and more. I do like Liv Tyler (the heroin) as well. I think she did a great job in The Lord Of The Ring. Why did I give 99 stars to this film? From my humble opinion, I think this movie had a great.. erm. what do we call that.. story line? story board? Whatever. But this movie is amazing! It did touch those hearts that watched it.

 before the mission started

Moreover it showed the good moral value of the relationship between father and daughter.  I still remember the dialogue before the father leaved his daughther as he willing to sacrifice his life by changing place with AJ. The daughter said:

Grace: [talking to Harry on the monitor] Daddy?
Harry: Hi Gracey. Hi honey. Grace, I know I promised you I was coming home.
Grace: I don't under...understand.
Harry: Looks like I'm going to have to break that promise.
Grace: I.. um.. I lied to you too, when I told you I didn't wanna be like you...that's because I am like you. Everything good that I have inside of me, I have from you. I love you so much, Daddy. And I'm so proud of you, I'm so scared. So scared..
Harry: I know it, baby. But there won't be anything to be scared of soon. Gracey, I want you to know that A.J. saved us. He did. I want you to tell Chick, that I couldn't have done it without him. None of it. I want you to take care of A.J. And I wish I could be there to walk you down the aisle. But I'll... I'll look in on you from time to time, okay honey? I love you, Grace.
Grace: I love you too..
If you were in her place, what would you feel? I'm sure you would feel the same thing. Knowing that your own father would leave you after being with you for almost 20 years for the sake of saving the world, isn't that so hurt? Luckily Grace understood their situation and had a chance to tell her father that she loved him in their last conversation. After watching this movie, I do realize how much I love my father and I try show some kind of appreciation because he means the world to me. Without him, there'll be no tomorrow for me. Same goes to you right?

The ending was as we expected. AJ came home safely and he married Grace. They lived happily ever after.




Lastly, I'm suggest that you listen to this movie's soundtrack. Aerosmith looked so adorable, don't you think so? Haha.



Like tanda Sayang

No comments:

Post a Comment